Taking part in an early learning program (VPK) is one of the best things your child can do. Summer programs boost school readiness. They also meant build skills into them that they’ll use for the rest of their lives. Good early learning programs take every part of your child’s development into account. With such a well-rounded start, your child will enter kindergarten ready to tackle it and conquer!
The Early Learning Program’s Five Pillars Of Healthy Child Development
The benefits of an early learning program are profound. There are the five key areas that early learning programs focus on that form the foundation for a child’s school readiness and future learning.
1. Social Readiness: Emotional and Relational
Children need to learn how to interact with others meaningfully, including adults, their peer group, and children younger than themselves. They need to be cognizant of their emotions. First, kids learn to recognize their feelings. They then learn to put those feelings into words.
Being able to regulate their emotions is also an important part of emotional maturity. The ability to recognize and respond appropriately to the emotions of others is a key life skill learned through early learning programs.
2. Brain Work: Thinking, Reasoning, and Remembering
Young minds are agile. They’re trained to hold and process information early. Another important part of the early learning brain training component is learning how to focus on the task at hand. Moreover, the ability to switch from one task to another is valuable. So is learning to control impulses. Imitation and role-playing activities enhance early cognitive development.
3. Communication: Language and Literacy
Young children communicate their emotions, thoughts, and needs through physical actions and facial expressions. As they get older, language is added to their communication repertoire. Eventually, they are ready to learn to read and write. Early learning programs meet them where they’re at and enhance their ability to communicate clearly and effectively in each stage, paving the way for them to step up to the next. The goal is for them to thrive in school as confident, successful, writers and readers.
4. Early STEM: Mathematical and Scientific Reasoning
Young children are inquisitive and excited to explore. Early learning programs harness this natural tendency and shape it into intentional discovery skills that will open up the world around them and lead them to discover how things work scientifically. Math skills are cultivated. This includes number sense, measurement, spatial awareness, and an understanding of algebraic and geometric concepts.
5. Physical: Fine and Gross Motor Development
Early learning programs engage children in a wide variety of activities designed to develop their complex motor skills. This allows them to fully explore and interact with their environments, as well as other people and objects.
The Early Learning Educator and Environment
Early learning educators are highly skilled, trained, and qualified. They are able to train children for school and life readiness.
The high standards of an early learning program are tailored to meet the following criteria:
1. The environment and activities are stimulating.
2. The teacher is able to provide ongoing assessments with an understanding of each child’s different learning skills and challenges. They should also adapt the techniques to offer individualized learning. Additionally, teachers are also sensitive to cultural differences, and children who’ve come from trauma or difficult backgrounds.
3. The learning environment is safe and inclusive.
4. Family partnership and support from the teacher initiating communication with families. This creates a consistent collaboration between home and school for the benefit of the child.
5. Early learning teachers are professionals who undergo continuous improvement by participating in professional learning, create and make use of development plans, and maintain standards that are ethical and professional.
Looking For A VPK In South Florida?
You’ve come to the right place. With accredited educators, top-class facilities and a loving heart for children, you won’t just be sending your child to school, you’ll be joining a family. Unquestionably, Parkland Children’s Academy is one of Parkland’s best early learning preschools. Contact us at (954) 688-5877 to find out why. Learn more about our high-quality, no-cost, VPK program today!